Welcome to Surf & Turf Instant Shelters ltd
2. Information from customers
What information do we collect from our customers and why?
- We collect our customers’ name, email, shipping and billing address, payment details, company name, phone number, IP address, information about orders you initiate.
- We use this information to provide our sales team with the details needed, including supporting and processing orders, risk and fraud screening, authentication, and payments. We also use this information to improve our Services.
- If you create an account, we store and use this information to pre-fill your checkout information. We additionally use this information to help customize and improve your experience when you visit a merchant store by presenting to you goods and service that are more likely to be of interest to you.
- We use some of the personal information you provide us to conduct some level of automated decision-making — for example, we use certain personal information (for example, ip addresses or payment information) to automatically block certain potentially fraudulent transactions for a short period of time.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect this information when you use or access a store and purchase a product.
- We also collect this information when you create an account on our website.
4. Information from Surf & Turf Instant Shelters website visitors
What information do we collect and why?
- As you visit or browse the Shopify websites, we collect information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about the cookies installed on your device. We also collect personal information submitted by you via any messaging feature available from any of our websites (“Messaging Feature”).
- From telephone support users, we collect your phone number, and other personal information you provide us during our call. Pursuant to our Terms of Service, we may request additional documentation from you during our call to verify your identity.
- From chat support users, we collect your name, email address, information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, chat transcript, and other personal information you provide us during our chat. Pursuant to our Terms of Service, we may request additional documentation from you during our chat to verify your identity.
We use this information to verify your account, to provide and enhance our Services (including supporting or servicing your account, if applicable), and answer any questions you may have.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect this information when you visit the Surf & Turf Instant Shelters Inc. Website, use Services offered on our websites or engage with us either by email, web form, instant message, phone, or post content on or through our websites (including blogs and via any Messaging Feature). We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us.
5. Information from cookies and similar tracking technologies
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our website.
- We may also use web beacons, software development kids, and other automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
- Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
The purpose of a cookie is to identify you electronically, store your preferences for viewing our webpages, allow “remarketing” relevant to your interests based on your visits to our site, and show you relevant ads on our website and across the Internet.
Through first-party and third-party cookies, third parties may collect information about you while you are visiting Shopify-hosted webpages and other websites. They may use this data to show you advertisements on Shopify-hosted webpages and across the Internet based on your prior visits to these sites. We do not collect this information or control the content of the advertisements that you will see.
6. For how long do we retain your personal information?
- In general, we keep your personal information throughout your relationship with us.. For our customers, we process your information solely as a data processor, and we keep your details on file for any warranty claims, should you wish to order any more relevant products, servicing your product etc.
- Once you order has been dispatched, we generally will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law, except when we receive a valid erasure request.
- If you have an online account, we keep your information as long as your account remains active. If you would like to delete your account, and for us to delete all of your personal information stored in connection with that account, please contact the office.
- We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
7. What we don’t do with your personal information
- We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide personal information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
- If you are a reseller, we do not use the personal information we collect from you or your customers to independently contact or market to your customers. However, Surf & Turf Instant Shelters may contact or market to your customers if we obtain their information from another source, such as from the customers themselves (e.g they contact us directly).
8. How do we keep your personal information secure?
- We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other personal information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
- We perform annual audits to ensure our handling of your credit card information aligns with industry guidelines.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
9. Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
Surf & Turf Instant Shelters Ltd works with resellers and customers around the world, including in the EEA. If you are located in the EEA, your personal information is processed by our UK Surf & Turf Instant Shelters Ltd office.
If you are located in the EEA, you have certain rights under European law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, port to another service provider, or object to certain uses of your personal data. If you are a merchant, a partner, a visitor of Shopify’s websites, or a user of Shopify’s support services and wish to exercise these rights, please reach out to us using the contact information below. If you are a customer of a reseller who markets Surf & Turf Instant Shelters products and wish to exercise these rights, please contact the resellers you interacted with directly — we can only forward your request to them to allow them to respond.
In particular we process your personal data to pursue the following legitimate interests.
- To prevent risk and fraud on our platform;
- To provide communications, marketing, and advertising;
- To provide reporting and analytics;
- To help merchants find and integrate with apps through our app store;
- To provide troubleshooting, support services, or to answer questions;
- To test out features or additional services; and
- To improve our services, applications, and websites.
When we process personal information to pursue these legitimate interests, we do so where we believe the nature of the processing, the information being processed, and the technical and organisational measures employed to protect that information can help mitigate the risks to the data subject.
10. Control over and access to your personal information
Surf & Turf Instant Shelters Inc. understands that you have rights over your personal information, and takes reasonable steps to allow you to access, correct, amend, delete, port, or limit the use of your personal information. If you are an account holder, you can update many types of personal information, such as payment or contact information, directly within your account settings. If you are unable to change your personal information within your account settings, or if you are concerned about data collected as you visit Surf & Turf Instant Shelters Inc. websites please contact us to make the required changes. If you are a customer and do not have an online account and wish to exercise these rights, please contact the office. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your personal information, the Services may not function properly.
If you have any questions about your personal information or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how Surf & Turf Instant Shelters Ltd processes your personal data, please contact Surf & Turf Instant Shelters by email at email@example.com, or by using the contact details below:
Surf & Turf Instant Shelters Inc
Attn: Mark Lunt
11 Garden Ave, Unit #4
Stoney Creek, Ontario